Legal Protection Pole
The health crisis has brought to light the fragility of democratic governance towards people made vulnerable by age, illness and disability. In particular, it has highlighted the "protective" reflexes of public action and social demand towards the most vulnerable people.
The project aims to:
- structure a mixed community of research, both interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary, on this issue of the exercise of human rights of vulnerable people;
- combine the practical objectives of setting up the mixed community with the theoretical objectives of developing the epistemological foundations of such a research practice;
- implement actions of "setting up forums", "accompanying expertise", and "developing accessible tools for knowledge production and sharing".
On Tuesday 29 June 2022, the Occitanie mixed community went to the CESE (Conseil Economique Social et Environnemental) in Paris, the 3rd Assembly with the Senate and the National Assembly which ensures the link between public authorities and civil society, to present the booklet "Autonomy of Life as a human right".
Were present: Christophe JEAN, Grégory GLORIEUX, Thierry NOEL (persons subject to a protection measure), 2 professionals from Lou Camin, Stéphane MICHELIN, Roseline BARBIER, J. F HOAREAU.
The ERASMUS + E-Youth Project develops an intersectoral (health, social and medico-social services, associations) and community-based intervention methodology for NEET (stands for Not in Education, Employment or Training) profiles with a disability, based on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, while trying to focus on improving the skills of young workers or young professionals in the sector.
The general objectives are to:
- promote the social inclusion of young people with disabilities with complex needs and fewer opportunities (NEET) in order to ensure the respect of their human rights;
- contribute to the construction of the identity and citizenship of these people at risk of exclusion by developing concrete actions to implement the European pillar of social rights.
The specific objectives are to:
- design and create a methodology for cross-sectoral and co-produced intervention between health, social and medico-social services and other associations to develop community-based services;
- upgrading and retraining existing professionals in the disability sector by identifying their current skills and developing evidence-based and rights-based training programmes;
- developing resources to promote the personal development, autonomy and resilience of young people with complex needs and fewer opportunities to promote pathways to inclusion.
• Departmental Coordination of the Territorial Mental Health Plan
Thanks to our involvement in the field of mental health in a transversal way, through existing services (protection pole, housing pole, etc.) and our member associations, Udaf 82 was chosen to be the coordinator of the Territorial Mental Health Plan, with the support of the Director General of the Regional Health Agency.
The Territorial Mental Health Project, in order to improve access for people suffering from mental disorders to quality health and life paths without disruption, must:
- promote health care and social or medico-social support for the person in his or her ordinary living environment, in particular for the development of ambulatory organisation methods in the health, social and medico-social fields;
- enable the structuring and coordination of health care and social and medico-social support services;
- determine the framework for second-level coordination and implement it in the organisation of local care pathways, which are based in particular on local psychiatry.
• Peer support
As part of the implementation of the Territorial Mental Health Plan, a general objective of promoting peer support was adopted under Axis 5, entitled "promotion and respect for users' rights". From this objective stems the commitment at the territorial level of a reflection on the role of peer helpers in the elaboration of the users' life project, the possibilities of association with the life of the establishment... The Udaf of Tarn-et-Garonne was chosen to carry out this general objective, on behalf of and under the responsibility of the Steering Committee of the Plan.